help me im falling

Where in a naive Scottish boy living in Australia tries to make sense of his own life, and those lives about him.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

People Are Scared

I came across a website and was flabbergasted by the amount of hate and fear I found on it.

Someone had left the following comment.


Just read the first ten posts on this here blog.

Why are you so filled with hate?

Do you need a cuddle?
Dave | 08.28.06 - 4:19 pm |

He had not been replied to, so he asked again.

You did not answer my question.

Why are you so filled with hate?
Dave | 08.29.06 - 1:56 pm |

This time he got a reply.

I can't speak for anyone else, Dave, but I'm not filled with hate.

Anger, yes. Frustration, yes. Despair, sometimes. Like when I recently read Bruce Bawer's book, While Europe Slept.

And I'm often frightened.

I look at the big picture. I watch the news, read the blogs and other news sites. I listen to what the islamofascists are actually saying as opposed to what I think they are saying.

It's not pretty.

Our government here in Brackistan is doing 9/10ths of SFA to protect the general populace, and MrLefty just doesn't seem to see what's going on.

I'd love for some of these lefties to sit down with me and explain to me how a doctrine that declares me half a person (if I'm an adherent, less if I'm not) advocates beating me for disobedience and thinks I should be circumcised and wrapped in sacks, is peaceful, dignified and worthy of regard.

And I'd like a hug every now and then, too.
Nilknarf | Homepage | 08.29.06 - 3:27 pm

Then he really got some replies.

Do you seriously feel that frightened, angry, frustrated? I feel really sorry for you, if that is the case. Obviously you do need a hug.

Surely by you feeling frightened then the islamofascists as you call them have won.

What would you like to see done to the followers of Islam? In order for you not to feel so very frightened.
Dave | 08.29.06 - 4:56 pm |

Dave, can I ask how you've managed to overlook the massive bodycount for Allah Islamists have wrought (a huge proportion of them women and children) in the world?
Mike Jericho | Homepage | 08.29.06 - 6:09 pm | #

"What would you like to see done to the followers of Islam? In order for you not to feel so very frightened."

A large mushroom cloud over Mecca.
Keith | 08.29.06 - 6:18 pm | #

Dave, either you're a moron or having us on, I can't decide which.
Why don't you pop over to Beslan and offer the parents of the kids who were raped and blown up there a hug? I'm sure it'll make them feel so much better.
Keith | 08.29.06 - 6:20 pm | #

I'm not overlooking anything, I just refuse to be sucked into this whole culture of hate and fear. It just seems an extremely unhealthy way to be going about your business.
Dave | 08.29.06 - 6:23 pm | #

And religions and creeds of all walks of life have wrought massive bodycounts including women and children throughout the ages.
Dave | 08.29.06 - 6:24 pm | #

" I'm not overlooking anything, I just refuse to be sucked into this whole culture of hate and fear"
Well, jolly good for you Dave. For refusing. But of course, you're in a position to refuse, aren't you? And what do you suppose pays for that option?
Not glassy-eyed stoned out peace love and mung beans thoughts.
What pays for that option is the efforts of countless thousands of people who work to keep you safe from the gibbering blood-soaked animals from the 7th. century who would just as soon see you decapitated or shot.
"And religions and creeds of all walks of life have wrought massive bodycounts including women and children throughout the ages."
So what? We're not talking about throughout the ages here, although that seems to have failed to penetrate that stoned, smug self-righteous fog of yours.



While you witter on about hugs people are dying--a girl is being hanged in Tehran, a little black African boy is being taken into slavery in Darfur after his parents were murdered, a woman is being stoned to death in the Sudan.
Our civilisation is looking down the barrel of a barbarity unseen by most of us. The fact that you, personally, don't have to face it is no excuse for the obscenity of offering "hugs" as some kind of solace, some kind of cure or compensation for the anguish and anger decent people feel.
Keep your fucking hugs. If you can't pick up a gun to fight evil or if you can't bring yourself to condemn it, you are a waste of God's (or nature's) good oxygen.
Keith | 08.29.06 - 8:48 pm | #
I thought I would help our friend Dave, he seemed to be getting it with both barrels.

Keith, i'm certainly no hippie. I could not even tell you what a mung bean looks like.

Keep being frightened Keith.

The world needs hate mongers like yourself.
davethescot | 08.29.06 - 9:34 pm | #

No Dickhead Dave. The only way the islamists will win is if we let you leftist fuckheads stop us doing what we must to kill the islamists.

Look, if you leftist shitheels want to be the camel to your muslim buddies, go right ahead, but don't try and force us and our civilization to present our arses.
Tiberius | Homepage | 08.29.06 - 9:46 pm


davethescot, if you think I'm frightened you're very much mistaken.
I'm burning with the kind of anger that Western men once knew well, before their gonads were removed by years of soft living and pc bullshit.
If this fight ever becomes a civil war in Western countries between the left and the rest (and I believe it will) then people like you will discover the difference between fear and anger.
And then God help you.
Keith | 08.29.06 - 9:46 pm | #

DAve, I am a single woman living in suburbia with a four year old daughter.

Being suspicious is second nature.

Living in Bogan Central is also not like living in the trendy parts of town.

I've had my life threatened on several occasions, and it will no doubt happen again. It's a fact of life.

I work very hard at raising a confident child, and if that means that I keep a very concerned eye on the RoPers, then so be it. I won't be caught unaware.

I watched the twin towers fall, I watched the tragedy and travesty at Beslan. I almost lost a close friend in the first Bali bombing.

Don't fucking patronise me.

(Oh, and hugs rock).
Nilknarf | Homepage | 08.29.06 - 10:27 pm |

Now I'm scared.

4 Comments:

At Tue Aug 29, 11:12:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger mskp said...

hey dave, do you reckon that was keith windschuttle?

*joins group hug*

 
At Tue Aug 29, 11:26:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger davethescot said...

awwww thanks you guys, I needed that.

They play rough on those forums. My delicate little left leaning soul was feeling a little bruised.
*hugs back*

 
At Thu Aug 31, 01:55:00 am GMT-7, Blogger elaine said...

is late but proffers arms to join the leftist mung bean love-fest.

Those joined to my shoulders. HOW SUSPICIOUS ARE YOU HIPPIES?

x

 
At Fri Sept 01, 10:33:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger Ukulele said...

I need a hug now.

Fuck that is frightening.

Dave darling, keep believing that having an open heart and a compassionate soul will be see you through.

Hating is for the intollerant and the scared.

See you soon darlin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home