help me im falling

Where in a naive Scottish boy living in Australia tries to make sense of his own life, and those lives about him.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Am I Getting Old????

Now as some of you may know I work in a music venue. A music venue that has had its' fair share of noise complaints. Because of this I am wary of booking extremely loud bands during the week. I don't want to piss the neighbour's off and give them reason to complain. Thursday, Friday and Saturday I book louder bands.

However last night when I got home and crawled into bed after a night of well fought trivia, all I could hear was doof, doof, dddrrrrooooof, dooof, dooof. At the moment I live opposite a club called the Spot on Sydney road. It is open till one and I have not really had any problem with it. Last night though the constant doof, doof, ddddrrrroooooof had an effect on me. It was after all a Tuesday night. I tried to sleep and ignore it, after all it was nearly one 'o' clock.

But oh no. 1 'o' clock came and still doof, doof, dddddrrrrroooooof, it went on.

So at ten minutes to two I phoned the venue.

Me: Hi there do you think you could turn the music down?

Bar guy: Sorry what, I can't hear you

Me: hello, could you turn the music down mate, it's two in the mornin on a Tuesday night.

Bar Guy: Hi mate you will need to speak up it's a bit loud down here.

Me: Yes I know, that is why I am calling. Can you turn it down a bit I can hear it from across the street.

Bar Guy: Really? Where are you?

Me: Opposite the bar, on Sydney road.

Bar Guy: On Sydney road?

Me: Yes, on Sydney road and I can hear it in my bedroom, it's really quite loud.

Bar Guy: OK , weird.

Me: Well can you please turn it down a bit, thanks.

So I think he turned it down an infinitesimal amount and continued to doof, doof, dddddrrrooof till three am.

Oh my god I thought, I've become one of them.

6 Comments:

At Tue July 18, 11:00:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger mskp said...

davethescot, that's why you need a nice, cosy lil' house in coburg.


p.s. i hate the spot.

 
At Wed July 19, 12:32:00 am GMT-7, Blogger Jess said...

MY BIG FAUX-BRO HAS BECOME AN ADULT!

Arf!

Next you'll be expressing concern over what "the kids" are calling music these days.

"Not like in my day where we had proper bands like the Stone Roses..."

Can. Not. Wait.

x

 
At Wed July 19, 03:56:00 am GMT-7, Blogger Fluffy said...

Who is out dancing till 2am on Tuesday night? I'd be ready to cross the road in my jimmy jams and pull wires out of the back of big amps at 2am.

 
At Wed July 19, 08:11:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger davethescot said...

Well hopefully the cosy house in Coburg is not too far away mskp.

I maybe a grown up, but i'm still a manchild Jess.

And i was sorely tempted fluffy.

Oh and i've just worked out how to publish my comments, I was of the impression nobody loved me.

 
At Wed July 19, 08:58:00 pm GMT-7, Blogger Jess said...

I shall also cease ARF-ing immediately as it's long outstayed its welcome. Which is about a day, if my calculations are correct.

 
At Thu July 20, 03:14:00 am GMT-7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although a close second is living across from a rehersal studio where the REALLY bad bands play in the cheepest, tiny, terribly (ie barely) soundproofed room.

Maybe tell them to play better music if you cant win.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home