help me im falling

Where in a naive Scottish boy living in Australia tries to make sense of his own life, and those lives about him.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Too Much Time On Their Hands

Now please don't get me wrong, I am not some rabid anti-Christmas dave Mcscrooge, I in fact love the holiday season. I grew up in a house where my mother had the tree up on at least the 1st of December, or earlier, if she could cajole my father into it. We had Christmas cutlery, crockery, salt and pepper shakers for fuck's sake. My mother is one of those people. One of those women that will wear a Christmas sweater.



Which is fine, I tolerated it. It was her favourite time of the year and all that. But what I can't abide is this. People covering the outside of their house with all manner of lights and tacky shit, that make me wanna puke my guts up. "Oooohhhh, look next door has got a flying reindeer, we will need to make sure we get the whole nativity scene in fluro, just to be one up".

This sort of house decorating originated in North America, and has slowly, insidiously, crept it's way across the globe.


In fact, if you go to the gold 104.3 website, they actually have a list of addresses of people who have sent in their own address, for you to set up your own map, and go around and take a butchers at their houses.


As far as I'm concerned, these people have far too much time on their hands. And the husbands probably have little willies as well.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 11, 02:20:00 pm GMT-8, Blogger Melba said...

i thought the christmas sweaters were only a joke in the bridget jones movie?

they are for real?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home